Strawberry Melon Granita
8 (1-cup) servings
- 1/3 cup Domino® Quick Dissolve Superfine Sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 cups watermelon, cubed and seeded
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, washed, hulled, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger root, grated
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- fresh whole strawberries (optional garnish)
Combine sugar and water in large saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves; cool syrup.
Puree watermelon in blender. Add strawberries and ginger root; blend until mixture is fairly smooth.
Add fruit puree and pineapple juice to sugar syrup. Pour into a 13x9-inch baking pan. Freeze 3 to 5 hours, or until firm, stirring and breaking up large ice crystals with fork 3 or 4 times.
Just before serving, scrape fork through mixture to flake ice into crystals. Spoon into chilled dessert bowls or sherbet glasses.
Garnish with whole fresh strawberries, if desired.