Sweet and Tart Muffins
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/4 cups Domino® Granulated Sugar (plus additional for sprinkling)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries (or frozen, thawed), divided
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries (or frozen, thawed)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease 18 medium muffin cups or line with paper baking cups.
In large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs; mix well.
In medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to creamed mixture, alternating with milk, until well combined.
Using a blender or food processor, pulsing on and off, blend together 1/4 cup blueberries and cranberries until coarsely chopped. Add to batter. Stir in remaining blueberries.
Spoon into prepared muffin cups; sprinkle with sugar.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes before removing from pan.
Featured by Christine Dube of Danville, NH.