Sweet Berry Cupcakes
3 dozen cupcakes
- 3 1/2 cups cake flour, sifted
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7 large egg whites
- 6 to 7 cups assorted fresh berries, in season
- Domino® Confectioners Sugar for dusting
Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray three 12-cup muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray or line with paper liners.
Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add flour mixture to butter, alternating with milk; blend until smooth. Add vanilla.
In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry. Gently fold egg whites into batter, stirring gently until blended. Pour batter into cups, filling about half way.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. When cupcakes are cool, top with seasonal berries of your choice. Dust with confectioners sugar.