Unicorn Cookie Bars
- 1 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 tablespoon cream of tartar
- 1 lb. (approx. 3 3/4 cups) Domino® Confectioners Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- pink food coloring
- rainbow sprinkles (for decorating)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with foil and grease.
In a large bowl, combine sugars and butter; beat with an electric mixer until creamy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition. Add vanilla and sour cream; mix until fully incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture; blend until incorporated. Fold in 2/3 cup sprinkles. Scoop dough into pan. Using a spatual or back of a spoon gently pat dough into the bottom of the prepared pan.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until edges just begin to brown.
When completely cool, lift edges of foil to remove from pan.
In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat butter until smooth and creamy. Add cream of tartar. Add sugar, one cup at a time; blend until fully incorporated. Add vanilla and water; mix until combined. Whip frosting at high speed for 5 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add drops of food coloring until desired color is achieved. Scoop frosting into a pastry bag with a star tip. Frost in 2 inch columns, using a zigzig motion. Decorate with sprinkles and cut into bars.