Valentine Butter and Almond Cookies
2 dozen sandwich cookies
- 3/4 cup Domino® Confectioners Sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract or vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely ground blanched almonds
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- additional Domino® Confectioners Sugar
Beat confectioners' sugar and butter together in large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg and almond extract; beat well, scraping down the sides of the bowl often. Gradually add flour to sugar mixture and beat until well mixed. Stir in ground almonds. Cover and refrigerate dough 1 hour until firm.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
On well floured surface, roll out half of dough at a time, to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with 2-inch round cookie cutter. Cut out small heart shape in center of half the cookies. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned at edges. Cool completely.
Spread cookies without heart cut-outs with 1 teaspoon preserves each. Top with heart cut-out cookies. Press together lightly. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar.