Waffle Cake with Whipped Cream
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup (2/3 stick) butter, melted
For Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Domino® Quick Dissolve Superfine Sugar or Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
In a small bowl, beat egg with milk. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture. Add melted butter, mixing until just combined.
Drop 1/2 cup of batter onto hot waffle iron. Bake according to waffle iron directions.
Combine cream, sugar and vanilla in a chilled medium mixing bowl. Beat on medium-high speed until soft peaks form.
Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
Stack layers of waffles and whipped cream to build waffle cake. Add fresh fruit or additional toppings to personalize the cake.