Walnut Pie with Cream Cheese Crust
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) salted butter, slightly softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 cup firmly packed Domino® Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon, divided, hazelnut liqueur
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Domino® Confectioners Sugar for sprinkling
- 4 ounces heavy whipping cream
Cream butter and cream cheese together. Add flour and cinnamon; mix just until a dough ball has formed (use the dough hook attachment if supplied with mixer). If the dough is sticky, add 1 additional teaspoon of flour at a time until the dough no longer sticks.
Press dough into a 9-inch pie pan; chill in refrigerator.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Beat eggs and brown sugar until well combined. Add vanilla and 1 tablespoon hazelnut liqueur until everything is blended. Add walnuts. Pour mixture into prepared pie pan.
Bake 45 to 50 minutes, checking after 30 minutes. The top of the pie will crack and brown and become crispy. To prevent crust from burning, cover with foil for the last 20 minutes of baking.
Cool pie and refrigerate until ready to serve. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before serving; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
To prepare hazelnut whipped cream, whip cream in a chilled mixer bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of hazelnut liqueur. Whip until peaks form.
Serve pie with hazelnut whipped cream, if desired.
Makes 1 cup of whipped cream.