Walnut Pound Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 1/4 cups (1 lb. pkg.) Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 12-cup tube or fluted tube pan.
In medium bowl, combine flour and baking powder; set aside. In large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition; stir in vanilla. Alternate adding flour mixture with milk, beating well until blended; stir in walnuts. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes in pan. Remove from pan and cool completely.
Cake can also be made in two well-greased and floured 9x5-inch loaf pans. Bake 55 to 60 minutes as well.