- 8 slices (1 inch) watermelon, seedless
- 4 slices (1 inch) pound cake
- 4 kiwifruit, peeled, cut into 1 inch slices
- dark and white chocolate shavings (for garnish)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
Cut four 4x4x1-inch and four 2x2x1-inch squares of watermelon. Cut four 3x3x1-inch square slices of pound cake. Cut four 1x1x1-inch squares of kiwifruit.
On each of four dessert plates, place one slice of the larger watermelon squares. Then, on each square place a slice of pound cake, and then a smaller watermelon square. Top pyramid with a square of kiwifruit.
In 1- or 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and sugar. Stir in vanilla and cream. Bring to a simmer; adjust heat to maintain a slow simmer for 5 minutes.
Drizzle warm caramel sauce over pyramids and garnish with chocolate shavings. Serve immediately.
Credit: Photo and Recipe courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board (www.watermelon.org).