White Chocolate Cheesecake with Strawberry Topping
- 1 3/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 30 cookies)
- 1/3 cup (2/3 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 6 ounces (6 squares) white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 (8 oz) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 (1 pint) baskets strawberries, cleaned, hulled, halved
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons brandy
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9-inch springform pan with removable bottom; set aside.
Combine chocolate wafer crumbs and butter in a small bowl. Press firmly on bottom and up sides of prepared pan. Freeze the crust while preparing the filling.
Place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, over medium heat, bring cream to a boil. Remove pan from the heat and pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate. Stir gently until the mixture is blended and smooth; cool.
Beat cream cheese on medium-low speed until creamy and free from lumps, about 2 minutes. Scrape down sides of the bowl. Gradually add sugar; beat until combined. Mix in vanilla/chocolate mixture. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed, just until blended. Pour filling into crust-lined pan.
Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until the center appears nearly set when pan is gently shaken. Cool in springform pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen crust from sides of pan; cool for additional 30 minutes. Remove sides of pan and chill at least 6 hours or overnight.
Starting at outer edge of top of cake, arrange strawberry halves in slightly overlapping concentric circles, covering top completely. Stir preserves and brandy in small, heavy saucepan over medium heat until mixture boils.
Strain preserves; brush glaze generously over strawberries. Refrigerate until serving.