White Christmas Fudge
about 36 squares
- 2 1/2 cups Domino® Confectioners Sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 12 ounces (12 squares) white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 3/4 cup dried cherries, cranberries and/or apricots, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup almond slices, toasted
Line an 8-inch square pan with foil; grease foil.
Mix sugar and milk in a heavy 3-quart saucepan. Over medium heat, add butter and, stirring constantly, bring to boil. Boil an additional 5 minutes without stirring.
Over low heat, add chocolate and almond extract (if using). Stir, then whisk until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Stir in dried fruit and toasted almonds. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
Refrigerate 2 hours until firm. Invert pan, peel off foil and cut into 1-inch squares. Garnish as desired.
To toast almonds, spread in a single layer on baking pan. Bake in 350°F oven 5 to 10 minutes, shaking pan occasionally, until almonds begin to brown.
Look for dried cherries in the bulk foods or produce section of your supermarket.
For a thicker fudge, as shown in photo, double the recipe.