Yogurt Pound Cake with Apricot Yogurt Frosting
10 to 12 servings
- 3 cups Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Greek yogurt, plain
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup poppy seeds
- 4 cups Domino® Confectioners Sugar
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 pinch salt
Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour three 8-inch round cake pans.
In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to sugar mixture, alternating with yogurt. Stir in vanilla and seeds. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake 35 to 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes on rack. Turn out onto rack and cool completely.
In a large bowl, beat confectioners' sugar, preserves, yogurt, butter and salt until smooth and creamy.
Yields 2 cups frosting.