Cardamom Spiced Brownie Cake
A rich, moist chocolate-intense treat-- delicious with freshly whipped cream or ice cream!
- 1-1/2 cups - semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup - (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup - all-purpose flour
- 1/8 to 1/4-teaspoon - ground cardamom (mild to more pronounced flavor)
- 1/4 teaspoon - baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon - salt
- 3 - large eggs room temperature
- 2 teaspoons - vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup - Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon - Domino® Confectioners Sugar
- 1 teaspoon - unsweetened cocoa powder
Position cake rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 350°. Coat 9-inch round baking pan with cooking spray, line with parchment paper and spray parchment paper.
Place chocolate chips in microwave-safe medium-size bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat three times until melted. Place butter in another microwave-safe bowl and melt completely. Slowly pour melted butter into chocolate. Mix well until smooth; set aside to cool. Whisk together all dry ingredients in separate bowl and set aside.
In large stainless steel bowl, whisk together eggs and vanilla extract for 1 minute, until slightly foamy. Continue to whisk and slowly pour in sugar, whisking for an additional minute until light and foamy. Slowly whisk in chocolate mixture. Sift dry ingredients in three batches over chocolate mixture, combing with rubber spatula until well combined.
Pour into prepared pan and bake for 28 to 30 minutes, until cake appears dry and toothpick inserted about 1 inch from side of cake comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes. Invert onto serving dish and back on to rack, shiny side up. Cool completely. Slide cake back on to serving dish. Mix cocoa powder and confectioners sugar and sift over cake before serving.
Yields 8 slices