Cranberry Bread Pudding
A Delicious Fruited Bread Pudding-Perfect For Any Time Of The Year
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp. - Domino® Granulated Sugar, divided
- 3 - eggs, large
- 2 - egg yolks
- 2 cups - milk
- 1 cup - heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp. - orange rind, finely grated
- 6 - bread slices, thin white bread
- butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup - cranberries, fresh
- 1/3 cup - water
- 1 cup - heavy whipping cream (additional for optional topping)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease 11x7x2-inch-baking dish and set aside.
In medium bowl beat 1/2 cup sugar and eggs until creamy. In large saucepan heat milk, cream and rind to scalding; do not boil. Stir 3 tablespoons milk mixture into eggs; beat mixture back into hot milk.
Lightly butter one side of bread. Line bottom of baking dish with bread, buttered side up. Pour milk mixture through strainer over bread. Set baking dish into larger baking dish; add enough hot water into large baking dish to come up the sides one inch.
Bake 30 minutes. In small saucepan, combine cranberries and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until berries pop, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; add 2 tablespoons sugar and stir until sugar dissolves. Spread cranberry sauce gently over bread pudding. Continue baking 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm or cool.
Top with heavy cream, if desired.
Makes 10 servings