Lemon Cheese Bars
For more delicious Spring recipes, click on our Spring category in the Recipe Search engine.
- 1 cup - all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup - pecans, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons - butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups - Domino® Confectioners Sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon - grated lemon rind
- 1 - (8 oz) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons - lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon - lemon extract
- 1 - large egg
- Additional Domino® Confectioners Sugar
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 8x8-inch baking pan; set aside.
In medium bowl, mix flour, pecans, butter, 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar and lemon rind until blended (mixture will be crumbly). Reserve 1/2 cup crumb mixture; pat remaining mixture into bottom of prepared pan. Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
In small bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add lemon juice, lemon extract, egg and remaining confectioners' sugar; beat until smooth.
Remove baking pan from the oven. Pour cheese mixture over baked layer in pan; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake 35 minutes longer or until golden. Cool in pan on wire rack; refrigerate until chilled.
To serve, sprinkle with additional confectioners' sugar and cut into bars.
Makes about 8 bars, or 16 mini squares.
To achieve a truly lemon flavor, it is necessary to use both fresh lemon juice and lemon extract.