- 1 cup rolled oats, quick-cooking
- 1/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, cold
- 3/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 5 cups blueberries, or apples, pears, peaches and/or plums, sliced and peeled
Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare 2-quart casserole dish.
In small bowl, mix oats, brown sugar and butter with pastry blender or fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal; set aside.
In large bowl, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add fruit; toss to coat.
Spoon into prepared dish. Sprinkle with crumb topping.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until fruit is tender.
Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
When preparing the crumb topping, make sure the butter or margarine is cold, or the topping will not come out crumbly.