- 3 3/4 cups (1 lb. pkg.) Domino® Confectioners Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
Beat confectioners' sugar and butter until light and fluffy; blend in vanilla and almond extract. Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
Stir together flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl; gradually add to sugar mixture, alternately with milk, beating after each addition until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake for 60 to 75 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan; turn out on cooling rack. Cool completely.
Top with fresh fruit, ice cream or sweetened whipped cream.
Click here for Sweetened Whipped Cream recipe.