Pineapple, smoked turkey and maraschino cherries are roasted on a skewer with a sweet glaze in this recipe by blogger Busy in Brooklyn.
NEW Domino Golden Sugar 3.125 LB Easy Baking Tub
Our new Domino Golden Sugar Easy Baking Tub will make your baking more convenient. Domino Golden Sugar is scoopable directly from the tub which clicks closed for confident resealing and it even has windows to see when the sugar is running low.
- 1 lb. chunk of smoked turkey 1 lb. chunk of smoked turkey
- 2.5 cups (20 oz.) pineapple chunks, in 100% juice, juice reserved 2.5 cups (20 oz.) pineapple chunks, in 100% juice, juice reserved
- 1 1/2 cups (12 oz.) maraschino cherries 1 1/2 cups (12 oz.) maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- Domino® Golden Sugar 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Domino® Golden Sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp ketchup 3 tbsp ketchup
- 1/2 tsp Sriracha 1/2 tsp Sriracha
Cut the smoked turkey into chunks. Thread the turkey, pineapple and maraschino cherries onto skewers.
Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
In a small saucepan, combine the pineapple juice, sugar, soy sauce, ketchup and sriracha. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
Brush the sauce onto the turkey, pineapple and cherries and bake for 15 minutes, glazing it again with the sauce halfway through.