Pineapple, smoked turkey and maraschino cherries are roasted on a skewer with a sweet glaze in this recipe by blogger Busy in Brooklyn.
- 1 lb. chunk of smoked turkey 1 lb. chunk of smoked turkey
- 20 oz. pineapple chunks, in 100% juice, juice reserved 20 oz. pineapple chunks, in 100% juice, juice reserved
- 12 oz. maraschino cherries 12 oz. maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- Domino® Golden Sugar 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Domino® Golden Sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp ketchup 3 tbsp ketchup
- 1/2 tsp Sriracha 1/2 tsp Sriracha
Cut the smoked turkey into chunks. Thread the turkey, pineapple and maraschino cherries onto skewers.
Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
In a small saucepan, combine the pineapple juice, sugar, soy sauce, ketchup and sriracha. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
Brush the sauce onto the turkey, pineapple and cherries and bake for 15 minutes, glazing it again with the sauce halfway through.