This almond butter skillet brownie by blogger Katiebird Bakes is so fudgy and rich, you’d never know it’s completely gluten-free and flourless. Get the ice cream and a few spoons ready – skillet brownies were made for digging in.
Domino® Golden Sugar
Domino® Golden Sugar, the less-processed sugar you can use more freely in all your favorite foods. Made from pure cane sugar, it works cup-for-cup just like white sugar, but has a beautiful golden color and a distinct hint of molasses flavor.
- 1 cup almond butter (natural kind works best) 1 cup almond butter (natural kind works best)
- Domino® Golden Sugar ¾ cup ¾ cup Domino® Golden Sugar
- ¼ cup milk of choice (dairy or plant-based) ¼ cup milk of choice (dairy or plant-based)
- 2 large eggs 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon espresso powder ¼ teaspoon espresso powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips ½ cup chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips
Preheat your oven to 350F.
In a 12-inch cast iron skillet*, stir together almond butter, Domino® Golden Sugar and milk of choice until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, making sure each one is mixed in completely before continuing. Add vanilla extract and stir again.
Stir in cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking soda and salt until a smooth brownie batter forms.
Stir in chopped dark chocolate until evenly distributed, then sprinkle additional chocolate on top if desired.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, until top of skillet brownie is shiny and edges are puffed. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out nearly clean. Bake closer to 20 minutes if you want a gooey center.
Serve skillet brownie warm with vanilla ice cream over top, and dig right in with a spoon.
*If you don’t have an oven-safe skillet, you can mix the batter in a bowl and then bake in an 8×8 inch square pan. Add at least 5 minutes to the baking time to compensate for the thicker brownie.
Store any leftovers covered in the fridge for up to a week. Reheat individual servings in the microwave. If desired, you can bake the entire skillet brownie up to a day in advance and reheat in a 350F oven for 10 minutes to serve.