- 1 cup almond butter (natural kind works best)
- 3/4 cup Domino® Golden Sugar
- 1/4 cup milk of choice (dairy or plant-based)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips
Prevent your screen from going dark as you follow along.
Prep Time : 15 minutes / Cook Time : 25 minutes / Yields: 1 12-inch skillet brownie (approx 8 servings)
Preheat your oven to 350F.
In a 12-inch cast iron skillet*, stir together almond butter, Domino® Golden Sugar and milk of choice until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, making sure each one is mixed in completely before continuing. Add vanilla extract and stir again.
Stir in cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking soda and salt until a smooth brownie batter forms.
Stir in chopped dark chocolate until evenly distributed, then sprinkle additional chocolate on top if desired.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, until top of skillet brownie is shiny and edges are puffed. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out nearly clean. Bake closer to 20 minutes if you want a gooey center.
Serve skillet brownie warm with vanilla ice cream over top, and dig right in with a spoon.
- If you don’t have an oven-safe skillet, you can mix the batter in a bowl and then bake in an 8×8 inch square pan. Add at least 5 minutes to the baking time to compensate for the thicker brownie.
- Store any leftovers covered in the fridge for up to a week. Reheat individual servings in the microwave. If desired, you can bake the entire skillet brownie up to a day in advance and reheat in a 350F oven for 10 minutes to serve.
Meet the Chef:
Katie is a lawyer by day and a baker by night. She creates sophisticated yet approachable recipes that you can bake on a weeknight and share with your friends and family. She firmly believes that anyone who can read, can bake. Keep up with her by following @katiebirdbakes on Instagram, or visiting her blog, Katiebird Bakes.