This Angel Food Cake made with Domino® Confectioners Sugar is as light and fluffy as a cloud, only sweeter.
- 1 ½ cups Domino® Confectioners Sugar , sifted 1 ½ cups , sifted Domino® Confectioners Sugar
- 1 cup Cake Flour 1 cup Cake Flour
- 1 ½ cups (10-12 large) Egg whites, at room temperature 1 ½ cups (10-12 large) Egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoons Cream of tartar 1 ½ teaspoons Cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- Domino® Granulated Sugar 1 cup 1 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare an ungreased 10-inch tube pan.
In a small bowl, stir together confectioners' sugar and flour; set aside.
In a large bowl, add egg whites, cream of tartar and vanilla. With mixer at high speed, beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add granulated sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time, beating until stiff peaks form.
With rubber spatula, fold in flour mixture, about 1/4 cup at a time, just until flour disappears. Pour mixture into prepared pan, and with spatula, cut through batter to break any large air bubbles.
Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until top of cake springs back when lightly touched with finger.
Invert cake in pan on funnel; cool completely. Using a narrow spatula, loosen sides of cake from pan; remove cake to a serving platter.
Prepare a glaze using 2 cups of Domino Confectioners Sugar and 3-4 tablespoons of milk. Glaze cake and decorate with your preferred garnish.