Flaky buttermilk biscuits with strawberries macerated in Domino Golden Sugar topped with sweet whipped cream.
- 3 cups All-purpose flour 3 cups All-purpose flour
- Domino® Golden Sugar 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon Domino® Golden Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Baking powder 1 Tablespoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt 1 teaspoon Salt
- ¾ teaspoon Cream of tartar ¾ teaspoon Cream of tartar
- 1 stick Unsalted butter, room temperature 1 stick Unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups Buttermilk 1 ¼ cups Buttermilk
- ¼ cup Milk, for wash ¼ cup Milk, for wash
- 2 tablespoons Domino® Golden Sugar , for sprinkling 2 tablespoons , for sprinkling Domino® Golden Sugar
- 1 pound Fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced 1 pound Fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Domino® Golden Sugar 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons Domino® Golden Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Orange zest 1 Tablespoon Orange zest
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream 1 cup Heavy whipping cream
- Domino® Golden Sugar 1 ½ tablespoons 1 ½ tablespoons Domino® Golden Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
Stir together strawberries, sugar, and orange zest in a medium bowl. Let stand at room temperature until juices are released, at least 30 minutes. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line one baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cream of tartar. Using a pastry blender, work the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles breadcrumbs.
Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the buttermilk, with a fork mix together until a dough forms. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and pat it into a rectangle of about 3/4-inch thick. Cut rounds with a cutter of about 2 ½-inches in diameter.
Place biscuits on baking sheet. Brush milk and sprinkle sugar on top. Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside and allow cooling down.
Add cream, sugar, and vanilla in a metal bowl of a stand mixer. Whip the mixture starting on low speed and gradually raise the speed to medium high until cream forms soft peaks.
Assemble by cutting biscuit in half and adding macerated strawberries and whipped cream. Make sure to add some of the juices released by the strawberries to the side of the plate for extra flavor.