For chocolate lovers, this moist and rich cake by blogger Nom Nom Boston is the ultimate treat.
NEW Domino Golden Sugar 3.125 LB Easy Baking Tub
Our new Domino Golden Sugar Easy Baking Tub will make your baking more convenient. Domino Golden Sugar is scoopable directly from the tub which clicks closed for confident resealing and it even has windows to see when the sugar is running low.
For the bundt cake
- butter and flour for greasing pan butter and flour for greasing pan
- 1 ¾ cups + 2 tablespoons unsalted butter 1 ¾ cups + 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup dutch-processed cocoa powder 1/3 cup dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 cup water 1 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Domino® Golden Sugar 1 3/4 cup 1 3/4 cup Domino® Golden Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 large eggs 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Prepare the Cake
Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat to 350 F. Butter and flour a 10 or 12-cup Bundt pan and set aside.
In a small saucepan, combine the butter, cocoa powder, salt, and water and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring, just until melted and combined. Remove from the heat and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, Domino® Golden Sugar, and baking soda. Add half of the melted butter mixture and whisk until completely blended. The mixture will be thick. Add the remaining butter mixture and whisk until combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking until completely blended. Whisk in the sour cream and the vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then invert onto a rack. Let cool completely before glazing.
While the cake is cooling, make the chocolate glaze. Place the chopped dark chocolate in a medium bowl and set aside. Combine the heavy cream and 1 tablespoon Domino® Golden Sugar in a small saucepan and put over medium heat. Stir until the cream is hot and the sugar is dissolved. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and whisk until smooth.
Generously spoon the chocolate glaze over the cake.
Garnish with pomegranate seeds and coconut flakes. Cut into pieces and serve.