Using Domino® Golden Sugar to sweeten these soft cookies packed with chocolate chips and ready to satisfy your craving for their classic cookie taste.
- 1 cup, plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour 1 cup, plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Domino® Dark Brown Sugar 1/4 cup firmly packed 1/4 cup firmly packed Domino® Dark Brown Sugar
- Domino® Golden Sugar 2/3 cup 2/3 cup Domino® Golden Sugar
- 1 teaspoon water 1 teaspoon water
- 1 egg 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks or chips 1 cup dark chocolate chunks or chips
- Optional: 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts Optional: 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line with parchment or grease cookie sheets.
Whisk or sift flour, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
In mixer bowl, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy; then, beat in water, egg, and vanilla. Gradually stir in flour mixture, chocolate chunks or chips, and optional nuts. Using a small ice cream scoop, drop cookies onto sheets at least 2 inches apart.
Bake 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Baking these cookies at 375 F. instead of 350 F. keeps them from spreading too much before they bake to a golden brown.
Recipes with Domino® Golden Sugar
The Golden Rule
Cup for cup.
Teaspoon for teaspoon.
Pound for pound.
Use new Domino® Golden Sugar just as you’d use white sugar in any recipe.