Domino® Granulated Sugar puts the perfect flavor and texture on this simple dessert. Go a step even further with a tasty topping of toasted almonds and a sour cream spread.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar Domino® Granulated Sugar 1/4 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup (5 1/3 tablespoons) butter, softened 1/3 cup (5 1/3 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 4 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened 4 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups Domino® Granulated Sugar Domino® Granulated Sugar 1 1/4 cups Domino® Granulated Sugar Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest 3/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Blend butter into mixture. Press firmly on bottom and up 1 1/2 inches on sides of a 9 – inch springform pan.
Bake 6 minutes or just until crumbs begin to brown. Remove from oven and hold aside.
Beat cream cheese, sugar, lemon zest, and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition, just until blended. In a separate, chilled bowl, whip the cream until stiff. Fold heavy cream and vanilla into the batter. Sift flour in, while stirring, until blended. Pour into cooled crust.
Wrap bottom and sides of the springform pan in aluminum foil and set prepared pan on a baking sheet with sides. Place pan on center oven rack and add ¼” of water to the baking pan around the springform pan.
Bake for 5 minutes at 350F; then, reduce oven temperature to 325 F. and bake an additional 1 hour or until center is almost set. Center will still jiggle when moved. Remove cheesecake from oven and increase oven temperature to 400 F.
Carefully spread sour cream on warm cheesecake; sprinkle with toasted almonds.
Return to oven for 10 minutes or until the sour cream sets. Remove to wire rack and cool for 1 hour; then, refrigerate at least 6 hours before serving.
An offset spatula is a great tool to use to spread the sour cream over the top of the baked cheesecake
A perfect cheesecake will not crack when baked. While still delicious, this is often a sign the batter has been overbeaten
To toast almonds, spread in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Bake in 350°F oven for 5 to 10 minutes in between baking the crust and the cheesecake.