Cranberry Orange Loaf is a delicious fall bread recipe that can be made with fresh cranberries. This bread is infused with the perfect amount of citrus and doesn't need any glaze. With a hint of citrus, this recipe from blogger Savvy Saving Couple is a crowdpleaser.
NEW Domino Golden Sugar 3.125 LB Easy Baking Tub
Our new Domino Golden Sugar Easy Baking Tub will make your baking more convenient. Domino Golden Sugar is scoopable directly from the tub which clicks closed for confident resealing and it even has windows to see when the sugar is running low.
Meet the Chef: Amy
Amy is a self-taught baker and cook who has been in the kitchen since she was 10 years old. Coffee, her 3 kids, and her farmhouse are Amy's entire life.
- 2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour 2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
- Domino® Golden Sugar 1 cup 1 cup Domino® Golden Sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Juice & zest of 1 large orange Juice & zest of 1 large orange
- 1 large egg 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup buttermilk 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons melted, unsalted butter 6 tablespoons melted, unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped, whole cranberries 1 cup chopped, whole cranberries
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds (optional) 1/4 cup slivered almonds (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, add the flour, Domino® Golden Sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until well-combined.
Add in zest, orange juice, egg, buttermilk, and melted butter. Using a wooden spoon, mix until combined.
Fold in the cranberries and nuts, and mix. Pour batter into the parchment-lined loaf pan.
Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes, reduce heat to 350F and bake for another 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Allow cranberry loaf to cool before slicing.
This recipe calls for a small number of nuts. You can either omit the nuts or add up to ½ cup of your favorite. Walnuts, pecans, and slivered almonds pair perfectly with these flavors.
Additionally, if you do not have parchment paper, you can use nonstick spray to coat the pan.