These cookie butter cookies by Well Seasoned Studio are thick and chewy, with soft interiors, loaded with dark chocolate chips, and drizzled with melted cookie butter!
- Domino® Golden Sugar 1 2/3 cups 1 2/3 cups Domino® Golden Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Cookie butter, divided 1 1/2 cups Cookie butter, divided
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla bean paste 1 teaspoon Vanilla bean paste
- 2 Large eggs, room temperature 2 Large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups All-purpose flour 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Bread flour 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3 cups Dark or semi-sweet chocolate, roughly chopped 3 cups Dark or semi-sweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- Malden sea salt Malden sea salt
Preheat oven to 375F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place 1 ¼ cup of cookie butter in a small microwave safe bowl, then heat on high for 30 - 60 seconds, until melted and smooth.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together sugar, melted cookie butter, olive oil, and vanilla bean paste until smooth, about 3 minutes on medium speed.
With the mixer running, add eggs one at a time, mixing until well incorporated, scraping down the sides as needed.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, bread flour, baking soda, and kosher salt. Add flour to sugar mixture, then gently fold until only a few streaks of flour remain. Fold in chopped chocolate.
Roll dough into 2” round balls, then place on prepared baking sheet leaving at least 2” between cookies. (I bake 9 cookies on a standard baking sheet at one time.) Place in freezer for 10-15 minutes.
Bake for 11-12 minutes, or until edges have set and center of cookies have risen but are still quite soft. Immediately sprinkle each cookie with a few flakes of Malden sea salt, then let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet. Carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool further. Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
When finished, heat remaining ¼ cup of cookie butter in microwave until melted and smooth, about 30 - 60 seconds. Drizzle on cooled cookies, then serve immediately.