Chocolate cookie sandwiched together with a peanut butter chocolate ganache.
- 3/4 cup Unsalted butter, softened 3/4 cup Unsalted butter, softened
- Domino® Golden Sugar 1 cup 1 cup Domino® Golden Sugar
- Domino® Dark Brown Sugar ½ cup ½ cup Domino® Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Large egg, lightly beaten, room temperature 1 Large egg, lightly beaten, room temperature
- 1 Large egg yolk, lightly beaten, room temperature 1 Large egg yolk, lightly beaten, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups All-purpose flour 1 ½ cups All-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup Dutch process cocoa powder, sifted 2/3 cup Dutch process cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon Fine sea salt 1 teaspoon Fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda ½ teaspoon Baking soda
- ½ teaspoon Espresso powder ½ teaspoon Espresso powder
- 1 ½ cups Semi-sweet chocolate chips, chopped 1 ½ cups Semi-sweet chocolate chips, chopped
- 1 cup Heavy cream 1 cup Heavy cream
- ½ cup Creamy peanut butter ½ cup Creamy peanut butter
Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter, Domino® Golden Sugar, and Domino® Dark Brown Sugar, until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla, then mix again to combine. Scrape down the sides and the bottom of the bowl to ensure all ingredients are incorporated.
In a medium bowl, hand whisk together the flour, sifted cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and espresso powder. Spoon the flour mixture into the butter mixture. On low speed, mix until a cookie dough has formed. Again, scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
Using a cookie scoop, measure out 2 tablespoon balls of cookie dough. Roll the dough gently in palm of your hands to create a smooth shaped ball. Place dough balls 2 inches apart on lined trays.
Bake on the middle rack for 12-14 minutes, until cookies are just set around the edges and puffy in the center. Tap tray on the counter to deflate cookie slightly. Then place trays on wire rack to completely cool.
Repeat with any remaining dough.
Make the ganache filling:
Place heavy cream in a medium skillet on medium heat until just slightly bubbling but not a raging boil.
Place chopped chocolate in a large bowl and pour the warm heavy cream over top. Add the peanut butter and stir until smooth.
Let this ganache cool completely.
Using a handheld mixer, whip the cooled ganache until it forms a lighter spreadable consistency. Transfer to a piping bag with large piping tip.
Take once cooled cookie and turn it upside down. Pipe a ganache in a circular motion over the cookie. Place another cookie on top to create a sandwich. Repeat with remaining cookies.
Store cookies in an air tight container at room temperature for 4-5 days.