A moist and spicy bundt cake made by blogger Moments of Sugar is balanced with the sweetness of maple glaze.
- 3 ½ cups Unbleached all-purpose flour 3 ½ cups Unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Ground ginger 2 tablespoons Ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons Ground cinnamon 2 teaspoons Ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ground nutmeg 1 teaspoon Ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Ground cloves ½ teaspoon Ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon Ground all-spice ½ teaspoon Ground all-spice
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ cup (1 stick) Unsalted butter, room temperature ½ cup (1 stick) Unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Domino® Light or Dark Sugar, packed 1 cup Domino® Light or Dark Sugar, packed
- Domino® Golden Sugar 1 cup 1 cup Domino® Golden Sugar
- ½ cup Vegetable oil ½ cup Vegetable oil
- 3 Large Eggs 3 Large Eggs
- ¾ cup Molasses ¾ cup Molasses
- 1 cup Buttermilk, room temperature 1 cup Buttermilk, room temperature
- Domino® Confectioners Sugar 2 cups 2 cups Domino® Confectioners Sugar
- ¼ cup Maple syrup ¼ cup Maple syrup
- 2-3 tablespoons Milk 2-3 tablespoons Milk
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, all spice, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Whisk to combine well. Set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer (or with a hand held electric mixer), cream the butter and Domino® sugars together for 3-5 minutes. Stream in the oil and beat for 3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Mix in the molasses until fully combined and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Add flour mixture to the butter mixture in 3 additions, alternating with the buttermilk. Do not overmix. Mix until just combined and there are no dry patches of flour.
Prepare the non-stick bundt pan by spraying with nonstick oil spray.
Pour batter into the bundt pan, smoothing out the top.
Bake for 60-65 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool for 30 minutes on a wire rack. Carefully release the cake from the pan by turning it upside down on a plate.
To make the maple glaze, combine Domino® Confectioners sugar, maple syrup, and milk in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Pour evenly over the completely cooled bundt cake.