A moist and spicy bundt cake made by blogger Moments of Sugar is balanced with the sweetness of maple glaze.
NEW Domino Golden Sugar 3.125 LB Easy Baking Tub
Our new Domino Golden Sugar Easy Baking Tub will make your baking more convenient. Domino Golden Sugar is scoopable directly from the tub which clicks closed for confident resealing and it even has windows to see when the sugar is running low.
- 3 ½ cups Unbleached all-purpose flour 3 ½ cups Unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Ground ginger 2 tablespoons Ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons Ground cinnamon 2 teaspoons Ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ground nutmeg 1 teaspoon Ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Ground cloves ½ teaspoon Ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon Ground all-spice ½ teaspoon Ground all-spice
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ cup (1 stick) Unsalted butter, room temperature ½ cup (1 stick) Unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Domino® Light or Dark Sugar, packed 1 cup Domino® Light or Dark Sugar, packed
- Domino® Golden Sugar 1 cup 1 cup Domino® Golden Sugar
- ½ cup Vegetable oil ½ cup Vegetable oil
- 3 Large Eggs 3 Large Eggs
- ¾ cup Molasses ¾ cup Molasses
- 1 cup Buttermilk, room temperature 1 cup Buttermilk, room temperature
- Domino® Confectioners Sugar 2 cups 2 cups Domino® Confectioners Sugar
- ¼ cup Maple syrup ¼ cup Maple syrup
- 2-3 tablespoons Milk 2-3 tablespoons Milk
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350F.
In a large bowl, combine flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, all spice, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Whisk to combine well. Set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer (or with a hand held electric mixer), cream the butter and Domino® Golden and Brown Sugar together for 3-5 minutes. Stream in the oil and beat for 3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Mix in the molasses and vanilla until fully combined and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Add flour mixture to the butter mixture in 3 additions, alternating with the buttermilk. Do not overmix. Mix until just combined and there are no dry patches of flour.
Prepare the non-stick bundt pan by spraying with nonstick oil spray.
Pour batter into the bundt pan, smoothing out the top.
Bake for 60-65 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool for 30 minutes on a wire rack. Carefully release the cake from the pan by turning it upside down on a plate.
To make the maple glaze, combine Domino® Confectioners Sugar, maple syrup, and milk in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Pour evenly over the completely cooled bundt cake.