- 2 cups Flour
- 1/3 cup Domino® Golden Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- Pinch Sea Salt
- 1 Stick (1/2 cup) Butter or Margarine, frozen
- 1/3 cup heavy cream or non-dairy whip topping
- 2 Tablespoons Molasses
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tablespoons Domino® Golden Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
Prep Time : 10 minutes / Cook Time: 20 minutes / Yields: 12 scones
Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, Domino®️ Golden Sugar, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder, and sea salt.
Cut frozen butter into small cubes. Place into bowl of flour mixture and use your fingers to work the butter into the flour. Continue until the mixture resembles coarse, uneven crumbs. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together cream, molasses and egg. Add to flour mixture and stir until it almost comes together. Do not overwork.
Pour mixture onto counter and knead, very gently, until it forms a dough, being careful not to over-mix.
Shape into a large circle, then cut into 12 wedges. Place wedges on prepared baking sheet.
Prepare the topping:
Stir together sugar, cinnamon and ginger. Sprinkle mixture generously over the tops of each scone.
Bake for about 20 minutes, until golden brown and the tops feel firm. Serve your scones when ready.
- Scones can be frozen, well wrapped, until ready to serve.
- If you like a more subtle gingerbread flavor, use a smaller amount of ginger and cinnamon in your scones. If you like a more prominent flavor, add the full quantity.