Bon ton roulet! Kick off your Mardi Gras celebration with this classic recipe from the big easy.
- 2 ounces white rum 2 ounces white rum
- 2 ounces dark rum 2 ounces dark rum
- 1 ounce orange juice 1 ounce orange juice
- 2 ounces passion fruit juice 2 ounces passion fruit juice
- 1 ounce grenadine 1 ounce grenadine
- 1 ounce lime juice 1 ounce lime juice
- sliced oranges and maraschino cherry, for garnish sliced oranges and maraschino cherry, for garnish
- 1 cup water 1 cup water
- 1 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar 1 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar
In a large pot over medium-high heat, add water and granulated sugar. Stir to dissolve sugar. Cook about 6 minutes or until mixture appears clear and starts to boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 2 more minutes. Remove pot from heat; allow to cool to room temperature. Pour into a large uncovered airtight container. Refrigerate uncovered; cool before covering.
Mix all ingredients in a shaker. Strain into a hurricane glass with ice. Garnish with sliced oranges and maraschino cherries.
For some Mardi Gras flair, wrap the hurricane glasses with festive beads!