This tangy lemon cake with raspberry compote from blogger Stay Sweet NYC, will have your friends and family asking for more!
- 5 cups of All-Purpose Flour 5 cups of All-Purpose Flour
- Domino® Golden Sugar 3 cups 3 cups Domino® Golden Sugar
- ½ tbsp + 1/2 tsp Baking Soda ½ tbsp + 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tbsp + 1/2 tsp Baking Powder ½ tbsp + 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp of Salt 2 tsp of Salt
- 4 tbsp lemon zest 4 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk 1 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 cup vegetable oil 2 cup vegetable oil
- 6 tbsp lemon juice 6 tbsp lemon juice
- 8 large eggs, room temp 8 large eggs, room temp
Raspberry Compote Filling:
- 4 cups fresh raspberries 4 cups fresh raspberries
- Domino® Golden Sugar 4 tbsp 4 tbsp Domino® Golden Sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp water 4 tbsp water
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Mix flour, Domino® Golden Sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and stir. Make sure to remove 1/2 cup to dust with pans with later.
Add in lemon zest. Stir all dry ingredients together until well combined.
Stir in milk, oil, lemon juice, and eggs until well combined. Make sure to not over stir!
Pour batter into pans evenly and bake for 40 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. The toothpick should come out with a few most crumbs attached.
Raspberry Compote Filling
Add ingredients in medium sauce pan. Stir over medium heat until mixture come to boil.
Boil for about 5 mins until mixture begins to thicken. Stirring occasionally.
Reduce heat to low and let simmer for an additional 10 mins. As the water from the raspberries boils off and cools, the mixture will start to thicken.
Serve hot or cold!