For the turbinado syrup
- 1/2 cup Domino® Turbinado Sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
For the Mai Tai
- 1 1/2 ounces Lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 ounce Orgeat
- 1/2 ounce Turbinado syrup
- 1 ounce Dry curacao
- 4 ounces White rum
- 1 ounce Dark rum
- Lime slices, orange slices, cherries, mint leaves as garnish
Prep Time : 5 minutes / Cook Time : 8 minutes / Yields: 2 drinks
Prepare the turbinado syrup. In a small saucepan, bring turbinado sugar and water to a boil. Stir constantly until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat, and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely.
Add lime juice, orgeat, turbinado syrup, dry curacao, white rum, and ice into a shaker. Shake for 15 seconds.
Pour mixture into two glasses filled with ice. Float the dark rum slowly pouring over the ice. Garnish.
- Turbinado syrup can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 1 month.