These oat based gluten-free peanut butter jelly muffins, from blogger Running to the Kitchen, have a surprise strawberry jelly center and a moist, tender crumb - perfect snack for kids & adults!
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- Domino® Golden Sugar 1/3 cup 1/3 cup Domino® Golden Sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter 1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup strawberry jelly/jam (or other flavor) 1/3 cup strawberry jelly/jam (or other flavor)
Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a muffin tin with baking spray.
Place the oat flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
Whisk together the eggs and milk in a separate medium bowl.
Slowly add the melted coconut oil, whisking as you go.
Stir in the vanilla and almond extract.
Lastly, whisk in the peanut butter until the mixture is smooth.
Add the wet ingredients to the large bowl with the dry ingredients and stir gently until mixed through (do not over-mix).
Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the batter into the bottom of each muffin tin.
Place a small dollop (about 1/2 teaspoon) of strawberry jelly in the center of each tin on top of the batter.
Spoon the remaining batter on top of the jelly (about 1 tablespoon per muffin tin) so that they jelly is fully covered.
Place the muffin tin in the oven and bake for 16-18 minutes until the domed tops start to crack and the edges are golden brown.
Remove from oven and let cool in the tin for about 10-15 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.