For the rub
- 1/4 cup Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Ground black pepper
For the glaze
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 2 Cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Bourbon
- 1 cup Pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground black pepper
For the kabobs
- 4 Boneless chicken breasts, cut in 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium Red onion, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 Red bell peppers, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 Green bell peppers, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small Pineapple, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
Prep Time : 25 minutes / Cook Time : 12-15 minutes / Yields: 8 kabobs
Combine all the ingredients for the rub. Use 2 tablespoons of rub to season the chicken. Cover and place in the refrigerator. Store leftover rub in an airtight container. Use to season other chicken, pork, or beef dishes.
Prepare the glaze. In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Add garlic and sauté for about 2 minutes, or until golden and soft. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until well combined. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer over medium heat until the mixture thickens. About 15 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
Lightly oil the grate of your outdoor grill and preheat to high heat.
Thread the chicken, pineapple, and vegetables alternately onto 10-inch bamboo skewers.
Grill until golden brown and the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F. About 2-3 minutes per side per kabob. Baste with glaze as you grill.
Remove from grill and brush with additional glaze. Serve immediately.