Layers of fresh fruit, whipped cream and Domino® Organic Raw Cane Sugar make this moist sheet cake the right pick for any gathering – guaranteed.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Domino® Organic Raw Cane Sugar 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Domino® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Domino® Powdered Sugar 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Domino® Powdered Sugar
- 8 ounces cold heavy cream, divided in thirds 8 ounces cold heavy cream, divided in thirds
- 1 cup blueberries, washed and divided in thirds 1 cup blueberries, washed and divided in thirds
- 1 cup strawberries, washed, hulled, sliced and divided in thirds 1 cup strawberries, washed, hulled, sliced and divided in thirds
Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 13x9x1-inch baking pan with baking spray. Line with parchment paper so that it extends beyond the top of the pan slightly on all sides. Spray again; set aside.
In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, vanilla extract and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy, 4 to 5 minutes.
Fold dry ingredients into the wet until just combined. Do not overmix. Using an offset spatula, spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan. Bake 8 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Score cake along pan edge to loosen. Lift cake out by the parchment paper onto a cutting board. Let cool completely. Using a serrated knife, cut cake crosswise into 3 rectangular pieces. Cover with foil or plastic wrap until ready to use.
In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar on low speed until creamy, scraping down sides of bowl, as needed. Slowly add heavy cream, increase speed to high when cream is completely incorporated. Mix and beat until peaks form. Reserve 1/3 of the mixture in a covered container and store in refrigerator.
To Assemble Cake
Place first layer of cake on serving dish. Spread 1/3 of the cream mixture on top of the cake. Place a layer of strawberries and blueberries on top. Repeat with second layer of cake, cream and berries. Top with last 1/3 of cake.
Chill 20 to 30 minutes to firm. Remove cake from refrigerator and spread remaining chilled cream mixture over cake. Top with remaining strawberries and blueberries. Chill at least 3 hours before serving.
For a clean edge of the cream on the cake, run an offset spatula or scraper along edge.