These Roasted Fig Chicken thighs are coated in a sweet and spicy rub, seared on a pan and roasted in the oven with fresh figs. Such a delicious and simple one-pan dish!
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil 2 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 2 lbs, 4 pieces Chicken thighs 2 lbs, 4 pieces Chicken thighs
- Domino® Dark Brown Sugar 3 tbsp + 1 tsp 3 tbsp + 1 tsp Domino® Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Chili powder 1 tbsp Chili powder
- 1 tbsp Paprika 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Medium yellow onion, sliced 1 Medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup Red wine 1/2 cup Red wine
- 1/3 cup Chicken stock 1/3 cup Chicken stock
- 2 Thyme sprigs 2 Thyme sprigs
- 2 Rosemary sprigs 2 Rosemary sprigs
- 1 cup Fresh figs, quartered 1 cup Fresh figs, quartered
Preheat oil in an oven-safe pan on a medium high heat. Pat the chicken dry using paper towels. In a small bowl, combine three tablespoons of Domino® Dark Brown Sugar, chili powder, paprika, and salt. Rub the seasoning into both sides of chicken thighs. Add seasoned chicken to preheated pan and sear for 5 minutes per side until golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Discard excess fat from the pan, leaving around one tablespoon. Add onion and cook for about 5 minutes until softened. Add red wine, chicken stock, remaining teaspoon of Domino® Dark Brown Sugar, thyme and rosemary. Bring to a boil, turn down the heat and add chicken thighs. Cook for couple more minutes, spooning sauce over the meat. Add figs and transfer to the oven. Roast for around 15 minutes until figs soften and meat is cooked through. Garnish with fresh herbs.
• Red wine can be substitute with pomegranate or cranberry juice.
• Avocado oil is great for cooking due to its high smoke point. However, it can be substituted with extra virgin olive oil or vegetable oil.