Toasted Marshmallow No-churn Ice Cream with Raspberries is a sweet and fruity treat, just in time for summer! Homemade marshmallows toasted to perfection then mixed into a vanilla custard and topped with raspberries! It doesn’t get much better than this.
- 3 tbsp Gelatin 3 tbsp Gelatin
- Domino® Granulated Sugar 2 cups 2 cups Domino® Granulated Sugar
- Domino® Powdered Sugar 1 cup 1 cup Domino® Powdered Sugar
- 1 ¼ cup Water 1 ¼ cup Water
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- ½ tsp Salt ½ tsp Salt
- 2 cups Heavy cream 2 cups Heavy cream
- 1 can (14 oz) Sweetened condensed milk 1 can (14 oz) Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pinch Salt 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Nutmeg 1 pinch Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Raspberries for topping Raspberries for topping
Step by Step Instructions
Add gelatin to ¾ cup of cold water and allow it to sit for 10 minutes until dissolved. Add 1 cup of water to a medium-sized saucepan and add 2 cups of Domino® Granulated Sugar to form simple syrup. Boil until temperature reaches 240°F. Reduce to low heat.
Add gelatin to simple syrup and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat when the mixture begins to bubble up.
Add syrup/gelatin mixture to a stand mixer with the whisk attachment and add vanilla extract and salt. Mix on low and gradually increase to high speed as mixture becomes fluffy. This will take about 10-15 minutes.
Pour mixture into a parchment lined 9x9” baking pan and allow it to sit in the refrigerator for 3 hours, until firm. Pour Domino® Powdered Sugar into a sieve and dust the top of marshmallow.
Once marshmallow is firm, cut into squares and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Broil in the oven on the top rack for 2-4 minutes, until marshmallows become browned and soft
Prepare Ice Cream:
In a large bowl/bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, add heavy whipping cream and beat until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes. Fold in sweetened condensed milk, a pinch of salt and nutmeg, and vanilla extract.
Scrape ½ of charred marshmallows into a custard mixture and whisk together with the stand mixer or hand mixer. Add to a freezer safe container and freeze for at least 6 hours.
Top with raspberries and serve.