A lavender infused bath bomb perfect for you self care night in!
Meet the Chef: Amy Koberling
Amy is a skin care and beauty blogger living in Miami, FL. On her blog and online community she shares tips, tricks, and education for achieving attainable, healthy skin for busy women like herself. Follow along at theskinthusiastblog.com and on instagram @the_skinthusiast!
- Domino® Light Brown Sugar 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Coconut oil 1/2 cup Coconut oil
- 1 cup Citric acid 1 cup Citric acid
- 1 cup Baking soda 1 cup Baking soda
- 3 drops Lavender oil 3 drops Lavender oil
- 3 drops Vanilla extract 3 drops Vanilla extract
- Dried lavender, handful Dried lavender, handful
Mix coconut oil, cornstarch, sugar, citric acid, baking soda, lavender and vanilla in a large bowl using a spoon. Mix well into a doughy sand consistency. Gently fold in dried lavender flowers.
Using gloved hands, press mixture into preferred molds. Here we’re using rounded ice molds for a traditional rounded bath bomb.
Let mixture sit for 24 hours.
Remove from molds and add your finishing touches!
Essential oils should be used minimally. As these will be dropped into a large tub of water, the minimal amount of essential oils will allow a subtle calming aroma without irritation to the skin. For those with sensitive skin, omit essential oils from the recipe.