For the chicken wings
- 2 pounds Chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
For the Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon Water
- 1/2 cup Rice wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dried red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Cilantro, chopped
Prep Time : 25 minutes / Cook Time: 18 minutes / Yields: 4 servings
Prepare the sauce. In a small saucepan, combine 1/2-cup of water, vinegar, sugar, garlic, ginger, salt, and dried chili flakes. Cook over medium heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved. In a small cup, mix 1 tablespoon of water and cornstarch until dissolved. Whisk the mixture into the sauce and bring to a boil until thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
Prepare the chicken wings. Pat dry the wings and place in a large bowl. Add olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Toss until the wings are well coated.
Place wings on the air fryer basket and air fry at 425°F for 18-20 minutes until crispy. Depending on the capacity of your air fryer, consider working in batches. Wings should be evenly spaced to allow for crispiness.
Add fried wings to a large bowl. Heat up the sauce and add to the wings. Toss until well coated. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve immediately.