With a cup of fresh blueberries, your favorite cream cheese and a hint of Domino® Golden Sugar you can create a schmear to start any day off right.
- 1 cup Fresh blueberries 1 cup Fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup Domino® Golden Sugar 1/3 cup Domino® Golden Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Freshly squeezed lemon juice 1 tablespoon Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Freshly grated lemon zest 1 teaspoon Freshly grated lemon zest
- Pinch Salt Pinch Salt
- 1 (8 ounces) package Cream cheese, softened 1 (8 ounces) package Cream cheese, softened
In a small saucepan, combine the blueberries, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the blueberry sauce thickens. Remove from heat and set aside. Cool to room temperature.
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed. Add 4 tablespoons of blueberry sauce to the cheese. Beat until well combined. Serve over bagels or toast.