Rich cocoa is the backbone for these deep, dark biscotti, with Domino® Golden Sugar providing a hint of sweetness. Chopped hazelnuts add crunch, making them delicious from morning coffee to dessert.
- 2 ½ cups All-purpose flour 2 ½ cups All-purpose flour
- ½ cup Cocoa powder ½ cup Cocoa powder
- Domino® Golden Sugar 1 ½ cups 1 ½ cups Domino® Golden Sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons Baking powder 1 ½ teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3 large Eggs, at room temperature 3 large Eggs, at room temperature
- 2 Egg yolks, at room temperature 2 Egg yolks, at room temperature
- ½ cup (1 stick) Unsalted butter, melted ½ cup (1 stick) Unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup Hazelnuts, roasted and roughly chopped 1 cup Hazelnuts, roasted and roughly chopped
- 1 cup White chocolate, melted (optional) 1 cup White chocolate, melted (optional)
Preheat oven to 325°F. Line one baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the eggs, egg yolks, melted butter, and vanilla to the mixture. Beat until a dough starts to form. Add hazelnuts and mix until combined.
Remove dough from the bowl and divide into 2. Roll each portion of the dough into a log, 13-inch long. Place the rolls on the prepared baking sheet about 3 inches apart. Flatten the rolls slightly with your hands to about 1 1/2-inches wide.
Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow the rolls to cool down for 15 minutes. Transfer rolls to a cutting board. Using a sharp serrated knife, cut the rolls diagonally into ½-inch biscotti. Place the biscotti, cut side down, in the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove pan from the oven, turn the biscotti over, and bake for 10 more minutes. Remove from oven and allow cooling over a wire rack.
Drizzle or dip biscotti with white chocolate. Allow the biscotti to stand until the chocolate sets. Serve.
Biscotti are traditional Italian cookies with a crunchy and crispy texture. Serve with a cup of espresso or cappuccino for dunking.