For the crust
- 2 cups Toasted coconut cookies or Graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons Unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
For the cheesecake
- 3 (8-ounce) packages Cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Domino® Golden Sugar
- 3 tablespoons All-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Coconut extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 4 large Eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Sour cream, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Coconut milk
To finish the cake
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream, cold
- 2 tablespoons Domino® Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Coconut extract
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted
Prep Time: 30 minutes / Bake Time: 1 hour 20 minutes / Yields: one 9-inch cake, about 10 servings
Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9-inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients for the crust. Press crumb mixture into the bottom and sides of the prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese at medium speed until smooth. Add sugar and beat for 2-3 minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed. Add flour, vanilla, coconut extract and salt. Beat for 1 minute until incorporated.
Add eggs, one at a time, and mix until well incorporated. Add sour cream and coconut milk and mix until well incorporated and smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
Wrap the springform pan with aluminum foil and place in a large roasting pan. Pour cream cheese mixture into the prepared pan. Place roasting pan in the oven and add hot water to come up 1-inch of the springform pan. Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until the cake looks set in the center. Carefully remove from oven and allow resting for 1 hour at room temperature. Refrigerate in the pan for at least 6 hours or overnight.
When ready to serve, beat the cream with the sugar, vanilla, and coconut extract at medium-high speed until soft to medium peaks form. Do not overbeat. Carefully remove the cheesecake from the pan and place on a serving platter. Dollop whipped cream on top of the cake and garnish with toasted coconut. Serve.