- 4 cups fresh cranberries 4 cups fresh cranberries
- Domino® Granulated Sugar 2 cups 2 cups Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup water 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon orange zest 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
In a medium saucepan, add the cranberries, sugar, and water and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until most of the cranberries have burst. Add orange zest, cinnamon, and cloves.
Remove the pot from heat. Let cool completely at room temperature, then transfer to a bowl and refrigerate. Cranberry sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
You can add other ingredients to your cranberry sauce like pecans or golden raisins. You add these ingredients when you remove saucepan from the heat. Cranberry sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.