- 6 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups, divided Semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Dutch process cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3 large Eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Domino® Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Domino® Golden Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons Instant espresso powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea salt flakes
- 1-2 tablespoons Whole coffee beans
Prep Time: 25 minutes / Bake Time: 10 minutes / Yields: 16 cookies
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
Add butter and 1 cup of chocolate chips to a heatproof bowl. Melt in the microwave in 30-second increments to avoid burning the chocolate. Stir until well combined. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat eggs and both sugars at medium speed until pale and doubled in volume. Reduce the speed and slowly add oil and vanilla. Dissolve the espresso coffee in the milk, add to mixture and beat until combined. Add chocolate mixture, beat until combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed. Add flour-cocoa mixture and beat until just combined. Using a spatula, mix in the remaining ¼ cup of chocolate chips.
Using a small ice cream scoop (about 2 tablespoons capacity), drop batter onto the prepared pans spacing the cookies at least 1 ½-inches apart. Garnish with sea salt and coffee beans.
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are set. Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.