Soft and chewy Gingerbread Brownies filled with warm spices. Such a fun and delicious twist on traditional brownies to make during the holiday season!
- 3/4 cup All-purpose flour, sifted 3/4 cup All-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup Cocoa powder, sifted 1/3 cup Cocoa powder, sifted
- Domino® Golden Sugar 1 cup 1 cup Domino® Golden Sugar
- Domino® Light Brown Sugar 1/3 cup 1/3 cup Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ginger 1 tsp Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Salt 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted and cooled 1/2 cup Butter, melted and cooled
- 2 Eggs, room temperature 2 Eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- Domino® Powdered Sugar 1/4 cup (for dusting) 1/4 cup (for dusting) Domino® Powdered Sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease an 8-inch square pan.
In a bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, Domino® Golden Sugar, Domino® Light Brown Sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and baking soda. In a separate bowl, whisk butter, eggs, and vanilla. Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
Pour into the prepared baking pan. Bake for about 25 minutes until a wooden toothpick entered in the middle comes out clean but with some crumbs attached. Let cool in pan. Dust with Powdered Sugar.
• Sifting the flour and cocoa powder helps to combine the dry ingredients evenly and prevents lumps.
• Butter can be substituted with extra virgin olive oil, vegetable or avocado oil.
• Allow the brownies to cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours before dusting with Powdered Sugar and slicing.