This Golden Peach Cobbler by blogger Dward Cooks is the perfect dessert for any season.
Domino® Golden Sugar
Domino® Golden Sugar, the less-processed sugar you can use more freely in all your favorite foods. Made from pure cane sugar, it works cup-for-cup just like white sugar, but has a beautiful golden color and a distinct hint of molasses flavor.
- 8-9 medium peaches sliced ¼ inch thick 8-9 medium peaches sliced ¼ inch thick
- Domino® Golden Sugar 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Domino® Golden Sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp cinnamon ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups of self rising flour 1 ½ cups of self rising flour
- Domino® Golden Sugar ½ cup of ½ cup of Domino® Golden Sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp cold butter, salted 2 tbsp cold butter, salted
- ½ cup nonfat Greek Yogurt ½ cup nonfat Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup unsweetened cashew milk (or milk of choice) ½ cup unsweetened cashew milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg + tsp water for egg wash 1 egg + tsp water for egg wash
In a large bowl, toss peaches, sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon until peaches are fully and evenly covered.
Sift flour, sugar, and baking powder in a separate bowl. Add butter and combine with flour using a pastry blender or two butter knives until butter is pea sized and incorporated into flour mixture.
Stir flour mixture until dough is shaggy and all loose flour and sugar are incorporated.
Spray baking dish with cooking spray and add peach mixture.
Add dollops of the topping to the top of the peaches until most of the baking dish is covered.
Mix egg and tsp of water and brush the topping with egg wash.
Bake at 375F for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.