Tangy pie with delicious flavor of key limes in a graham cracker crust.
Domino® Golden Sugar
Domino® Golden Sugar, the less-processed sugar you can use more freely in all your favorite foods. Made from pure cane sugar, it works cup-for-cup just like white sugar, but has a beautiful golden color and a distinct hint of molasses flavor.
For the crust:
- 1 ½ cups Graham cracker crumbs 1 ½ cups Graham cracker crumbs
- Domino® Golden Sugar 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons Domino® Golden Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1 stick Unsalted butter, melted 1 stick Unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 2 cans (14 ounces) Sweetened condensed milk 2 cans (14 ounces) Sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ cup Key lime juice ¾ cup Key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Key lime zest 1 tablespoon Key lime zest
For the whipped cream:
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream 1 cup Heavy whipping cream
- Domino® Golden Sugar 1 ½ tablespoons 1 ½ tablespoons Domino® Golden Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place graham cracker crumbs in a bowl and mix with sugar, salt, and melted butter. Press the mixture into a 9-inch pie plate. Make sure the mixture is even throughout the pie plate. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
In the meantime, in a bowl mix sweetened condensed milk, key lime juice, and key lime zest. Pour the mixture into the baked crust. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Before serving, prepare whipped cream by adding cream, sugar, and vanilla in a metal bowl of a stand mixer. Whip the mixture starting on low speed and gradually raise the speed to medium high until cream forms medium to stiff peaks. Place cream in a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Decorate pie with cream and decorate with lime slices. Serve.
If you cannot find key limes, you can use Persian limes for the pie, just add an additional ¼ cup of lime juice to the condensed milk mixture.