Luscious deep, dark chocolate cake—mini bundt style! Notes of espresso wrapped in blackout chocolate, drizzled with a smooth chocolate ganache, topped with hazelnuts and pistachios.
For the cakes:
- Domino® Golden Sugar 2/3 cup 2/3 cup Domino® Golden Sugar
- ¾ cup Dark Cocoa powder ¾ cup Dark Cocoa powder
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Baking Powder 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- Domino® Light Brown Sugar 1 cup 1 cup Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Vegetable oil ½ cup Vegetable oil
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) Unsalted butter, melted ¼ cup (1/2 stick) Unsalted butter, melted
- 3 Large eggs, room temp 3 Large eggs, room temp
- 1 cup Buttermilk, room temp 1 cup Buttermilk, room temp
- ½ cup Espresso or strongly brewed coffee, slightly cooled ½ cup Espresso or strongly brewed coffee, slightly cooled
For chocolate ganache:
- 2 4-oz semi-sweet chocolate bars, finely chopped 2 4-oz semi-sweet chocolate bars, finely chopped
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream 1 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Hazelnuts, roasted, roughly chopped 1/2 cup Hazelnuts, roasted, roughly chopped
- ½ cup Pistachios, roasted, roughly chopped ½ cup Pistachios, roasted, roughly chopped
For the cakes:
Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
In a large bowl, combine Domino® Golden Sugar and sift in dark cocoa powder. Mix to combine well. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together well.
In another large bowl, combine Domino® Light Brown Sugar, vegetable oil, melted butter, eggs, and buttermilk. Mix well.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Mix until just combined.
Add the slightly cooled espresso or strong coffee and mix until just combined.
Spray mini bundt pan generously with nonstick cooking spray and gently brush excess oil off with a brush.
Fill each cavity 2/3 of the way with the cake batter.
Bake for 16-18 minutes, until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Let cakes cool in the pan for 10 minutes (no longer than this!)
Flip cakes over onto a cooling rack and let cool completely.
For the chocolate ganache:
When the cakes are cooled, start making the ganache.
Place finely chopped chocolate into a heat proof bowl.
In a small saucepan, heat heavy cream over medium heat until it just begins to simmer. Do not let it come to a boil or it may separate or burn the chocolate.
Pour the cream over the chocolate and let sit for 3 minutes.
Mix the chocolate mixture gently to combine well.
Top and assemble:
Spoon ganache over the tops of the cakes and let it drip down the sides.
Top with desired amount of chopped hazelnuts and pistachios.
Let ganache set and enjoy!
1. If you don’t have espresso, you can replace this ingredient with ½ cup of strongly brewed coffee or even instant coffee.
2. To make sure cakes don’t stick to bundt pan, it is highly necessary to use a pan that is not scratched up. A well maintained pan will release cakes more easily.
3. Non-stick cooking spray is my go-to option for getting the cakes to release with ease. After spraying each cavity generously, brush off the excess oil before filling.