Rich vanilla ice cream sandwiched between two homemade peanut butter cookies sweetened with Domino® Organic Raw Cane Sugar. Bake these and they’ll be gone in a jiffy.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut butter (any style) 1 cup peanut butter (any style)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- Domino® Light Brown Sugar 1 cup firmly packed 1 cup firmly packed Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- Domino® Granulated Sugar 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 quart ice cream or frozen yogurt, any flavor 1 quart ice cream or frozen yogurt, any flavor
- mini chocolate chips mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare ungreased cookie sheets.
In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
Beat peanut butter, butter and sugars in large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture; beat until well blended. If necessary, refrigerate dough about 15 to 30 minutes, until firm enough to shape into balls.
Shape into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Flatten with fork dipped in sugar, making criss-cross pattern.
Bake 11 to 13 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove; cool completely on wire rack.
Remove ice cream from freezer; let stand at room temperature to soften slightly, about 10 minutes. Scoop about 1/3 cup ice cream onto the flat side of half of the cookies. Place remaining cookies, flat side down, on ice cream; press cookies together lightly.
Roll edge of cookies in mini chocolate chips.
Wrap each ice cream sandwich in foil; freeze until firm, about 2 hours or overnight.