The sweet, slightly caramel flavor of Domino® Golden Sugar combines with savory pork and salty soy sauce in this Chinese classic.
For the filling
- 1 pound Ground pork 1 pound Ground pork
- 2 teaspoons Salt 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 large Egg 1 large Egg
- 2 tablespoons Chicken stock 2 tablespoons Chicken stock
- 3 teaspoons Soy sauce 3 teaspoons Soy sauce
- Domino® Golden Sugar 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon Domino® Golden Sugar
- 8 Scallions, white and green part, thinly sliced 8 Scallions, white and green part, thinly sliced
For the dumplings
- Dumpling wrappers, store-bought Dumpling wrappers, store-bought
- 1 ½ tablespoons Sesame oil, for pan fry 1 ½ tablespoons Sesame oil, for pan fry
For the dipping sauce
- 3 tablespoons Soy sauce 3 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Rice vinegar 3 tablespoons Rice vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons Sesame oil 1 ½ tablespoons Sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Freshly squeezed lime juice 1 teaspoon Freshly squeezed lime juice
- Domino® Golden Sugar 3 tablespoons 3 tablespoons Domino® Golden Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro, finely chopped 1 tablespoon Cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Chili flakes ½ teaspoon Chili flakes
In a large bowl, combine the filling ingredients until well combined.
Prepare the dumplings by adding one teaspoon of filling to the middle of a dumpling wrapper, make sure you do not overfill so the dumpling can be completely sealed. Moisten the edges of the wrapper with water to get a good seal.
Gently lift the edges of the wrapper over the filling and bring together at the top center. Crimp the edges of the wrapper several times along the edge and pinch together to seal. Repeat until done with all the filling. Make sure to cover wrappers and prepared dumplings with a damp cloth to keep them from drying out while filling and folding the rest of the dumplings.
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add oil. Add about 8 dumplings at a time and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the bottoms are browned and toasted.
Add 1/3 cup water to the pan, cover, and steam the dumplings until the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Remove and cook the rest of the dumplings, adding oil and water as needed.
Prepare dipping sauce by combining all the ingredients together. Serve.